Thursday 26 January 2017

There's a wonderful journey that people experience.  It's called 'life'.

Along the way on this amazing journey, many people are fortunate enough to meet and fall in love with someone - the person that they absolutely know is their 'one and only', their 'life partner', their 'better half', 'the love of their life'...  

However, since you're reading this, there's a good chance that you already know that!

This blog is all about the many options of creating a unique and individual ceremony that captures, expresses, and celebrates the love that two unique individuals have for each other.

Just for the record, or in case you're wondering, my name really is Lenny Love.  It's the name I was born with (OK, my birth certificate may say 'Leonard', but - apart from when I was being a naughty little boy - everyone, including my mother, has called me Lenny), and my surname really is Love.  

Well as you can probably imagine, with a name like mine, as you travel along life's highways you really can't help but develop a special interest and awareness (and, I hope, a deeper level of understanding) of what 'love' is all about... 

That's why a humanist ceremony is so special.  Instead of the 'big day' being a bland, barely remembered, 'by-the-numbers', 'now-repeat-after-me-and-then-say-I-do' process, the joining together of two lives in a humanist ceremony is a truly unique and memorable occasion - and not just for the happy couple, for the guests as well!   

Allow me to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about... Tim Maguire is my friend of many years (actually, decades!) and, like my other colleagues in the Caledonian Humanist Association, is a genuinely wonderful humanist celebrant. This extract, from the bride of one of his wedding ceremonies, comes from Tim's blogsite 'Humanist Weddings In Scotland'.

Often the wedding ceremony is overlooked at weddings but for us personally this was the most important bit. A time for us to take a step back and really express our feelings for one another. 

When you have been together for so long sometimes this is the aspect of the relationship that is just presumed. We really had a great time writing the ceremony. The homework that Tim made us complete really made us think, it gave us chance to reflect and make absolutely certain that this is what we wanted. 

The ceremony is one of the things that our guests still talk about now, with such fondness. They say it gave them a real sense of who we are as a couple and loved the fact that the ceremony made them feel involved.

 I just remember feeling a happiness, a euphoria that I had never experienced before (as cheesy as that sounds) during the ceremony. Looking across to Gary and seeing him cry was just beautiful, to see him overwhelmed with emotion – wow. 

The whole thing was personal to us, it was what we believed and how we felt about each other and everyone of our guests.

I'm only in the early stages of building my blogsite, and there's SO much more info to be added...  In the meantime, if you're planning to 'tie the knot', 'plight your troth', 'get hitched', 'take the plunge', 'jump the broom', 'sign the papers' and say "I do", and you'd like to know more about a humanist ceremony in Scotland, then please feel free to get in touch.


HOW TO FIND OUT MORE: . . .

Just click on the 'view my complete profile' link, under the heading 'ABOUT ME' in the right hand column.

HOW TO GET IN TOUCH: . . .

Go to the Caledonian Humanist Association website: www.cha.scot

Or... send an email to: lenny@cha.scot

Or... call me on: 07584 566 486

No comments:

Post a Comment